Thursday, June 29, 2017

The Veneto - Scorze


Today is a day to rest my feet. I've walked thirty miles in the last three days, so I can take it easy and rest at our country inn here in Scorze, Antico Mulino. We can take a nice stroll, under threatening skies, along the Fiume Dese. I can catch up on some writing.

In my recent posts, I've neglected my notes on food. We've taken all out dinners here at Perbacco, and they have been revelatory. Monday I had grilled neck of pork with grilled vegetables; but the scallops starter was amazing. Finished that with a super-light "green garden" dessert featuring celery ice, apples, mint cream, and a bar of ice cream. Tuesday I had the anchovies with watermelon and creamy cheese for starter, the duck ragu with tagliatelle, and had the fish fry (super crispy cornmeal coating!) with white corn polenta. And the dessert was strawberries four ways. Today (Wednesday) I had the burrata and tomatoes, sea urchin pasta, and a grilled end-cut steak with roasted potatoes. Dessert was a refreshing lemon sorbet.

Love their menu.


No comments: