Friday, January 06, 2006

Googling Winston Chou

Oh no! Another Winston Chou -- and this guy is a real @-hole:

Forum on Peaceful Reunification

It's not me, Mom! I'd never accept the title of President of the Hong Kong Region China Peaceful Reunification Association. Wait. Huh? The what?

"It is an undeniable fact that Taiwan is an inalienable part of China," Chou said, noting that "the future of Taiwan only lies in reunifying with the motherland." He said the practice of the "one country, two systems" principle in Hong Kong and Macao demonstrates the tremendous success of the principle and that it is applicable to Taiwan as well.

When political toadies use words like "undeniable fact", " inalienable part", and "reunifying with the motherland", it sounds so damned sincere, right? And I guess it doesn't explain this:


Tens of thousands of people have taken part in a march in Hong Kong to demand a fully democratic political system. [BBC]

Check the Wikipedia entry
Organized by the CHRF
Also checkout: Hong Konger Front

I hope *my* posts and identity are messin *him* up! -- maybe get his butt elected President of the Hong Kong Region China Painful Re-education Association. Yeah. But, I suppose this is what I get for Googling my own name from time to time. And if you go to Google images, you'll find my long lost other-brother:


Larry Chou


The dude went to Winston Churchill High. What are the odds? And now by adding all this to my blog, I'm gonna totally screw it up. Yay! Google anarchy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ASCENSION TO THE REUNIFICATION PRESIDENCY. IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME. I GUESS THAT'S THE PROBLEM OF HAVING THE TAIWANESE EQUIVALENT OF A NAME LIKE JONES. PERHAPS YOU CAN USE YOUR SERENDIPITOUS ELEVATION TO SUCH AN AUGUST POST TO DIRECT EVENTS IN A WAY MORE PLEASING TO YOUR OWN POINT OF VIEW. AFTER ALL, YOU WERE ELECTED.

winchou said...

Hey Steve! -- LOL. Well, I'm not really sure what the "Hong Kong Region China Peaceful Reunification Association" is, or if it actually elects it's officials. In any case, it would go against every democratic ideal to use the power of any elected office against the will of the voters. I doubt *anyone* on Taiwan voted for this particular official; "Winston Chou" represents no one there, and of course, cannot speak for the people Taiwan. If honestly elected, "Winston Chou" would only ever be able to direct events in that manner, tho I'm not running for any office at this time! :)