Sunday, April 04, 2010

iPad - Day 2 (Easter Sunday)


Got this image from Gizmodo. Day 2 and I'm still high on iPad. Been reading with the iTunes running, checking e-mail between chapters, and doing look-ups in Wikipanion as I go. The reading experience is great. Ojectively, the iPad is about the same weight as a large hard cover (heavier than Summer of '49, but much lighter than The Essential Piaget); very comfortable to hold and read.

Am reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, so every time he mentions some obscure aspect of Vatican lore, I can look it up. I can also check the maps to see where the characters are. This is fun. The other thing that makes the iPad way better than an iPod is the speed; it feels like I'm using a computer, not a smartphone.

One thing I did find - I cannot get my Comcast Digital Voicemail in the Safari browser. It requests that I download the QuickTime plugin. D-oh.
Spent the evening listening to the ball game on the MLB app. The videos did not work until I did a hard reset, but otherwise, it was great to hear the game and track the at-bats. Red Sox beat the Yankess 9-7. A great weekend.

No comments: